Who can apply

Any type of business operating on a non-residential property on rateable land can apply for Environmental Upgrade Finance, this includes Agriculture, Commercial Office Building, Tourism and Commercial and Industrial properties.

Download brochure for Landlords (PDF, 1MB)

Download brochure for Tenants (PDF, 1MB)

Download brochure for Farmers and Businesses (PDF, 1MB)

Download brochure for Commercial Owner Occupiers (PDF, 1MB)

Download brochure for Commercial Building Refurbishment & Repositions (PDF, 1MB)

What works are eligible?

Environmental Upgrade Finance can be used to support a broad range of works beyond just solar, waste, and water upgrades. Finance can also be used for many of the auxiliary, soft and hard costs associated with building repositioning and upgrades.

If the works improve the energy, water, environmental efficiency or sustainability and are attached to a building, it may qualify, simple examples  include:

Building Upgrades
  • Building fabric insulation upgrade
  • Cool roof coating
  • External solar shading
  • Green roof installation
  • High performance windows
  • Reduce building infiltration / exfiltration
Energy source
  • Hot Water technology  upgrade
  • Reduced carbon on-site energy source
  • Grid-connected renewable energy, with or without battery storage.
  • Solar thermal hot water
  • Power factor correction
  • Lighting control upgrades
  • Lighting technology upgrade
Plant Upgrades
  • Drive and fan efficiency upgrades
  • Duct testing and sealing
  • Ducting and piping insulation
  • HVAC efficiency via control upgrade
  • HVAC technology upgrade
  • Permanent high efficiency commercial appliances
  • Permanent refrigeration upgrades
  • Pool efficiency upgrades
  • Blackwater system
  • Greywater system
  • Rainwater system
  • Water efficiency measures

What councils are participants?

Councils are being added every month, so if your council is not a participant please contact us to discuss the status of your region.

The following councils are currently accepting applications for Environmental Upgrade Agreements:

Victoria – Councils accepting EUA applications

  1. Baw Baw Shire Council
  2. Brimbank City Council
  3. Campaspe Shire Council
  4. Cardinia Shire Council
  5. Central Goldfields Shire
  6. City of Greater Bendigo Council
  7. City of Greater Geelong Council
  8. City of Melbourne
  9. City of Kingston
  10. City of Monash Council
  11. Darebin City Council
  12. Greater Dandenong Council
  13. Greater Shepparton Council
  14. Hobsons Bay City Council
  15. Horsham Rural City Council
  16. Knox City Council
  17. Macedon Ranges Shire Council
  18. Maribyrnong City Council
  19. Mildura Rural City Council
  20. Mitchell Shire Council
  21. Moira Shire Council
  22. Moonee Valley Council
  23. Moreland City Council
  24. Mornington Peninsula Shire
  25. Mount Alexander Shire Council
  26. South Gippsland Shire Council
  27. Warrnambool City Council
  28. Wellington Shire Council
  29. Wyndam City Shire Council
  30. Yarra Ranges Council

New South Wales – Councils accepting EUA applications

  1. Blacktown City Council
  2. Parramatta City Council
  3. City of North Sydney
  4. City of Sydney

South Australia – Councils accepting EUA applications

  1. City of Adelaide (CoA)
  2. City of Salisbury
  3. City of Marion
  4. City of Onkaparinga

Apply now